Funded by the Ontario government, Tropicana Employment Centre offers services for employers in the GTA including job postings, training incentives, recruitment services and workplace support.
In order to participate in placements, employers must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario.
- Comply with all applicable legislation including federal/provincial human rights legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards, occupational health and safety act, employment standards act, freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation.
- Provide employment in Ontario.
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage and have adequate third party general liability insurance as advised by its insurance broker.
- NOT use placement services to replace existing or laid-off employees.
- NOT be an Employment Ontario Employment Service provider.
Employers must commit to:
- Developing a relevant training plan that will help the participant achieve his or her employment goal.
- Providing feedback and assessments of a participant's skills level, where required.
- Having potential for long-term employment/contract position for the participant.
- Demonstrating the ability to provide the participant with adequate supervision and the training/work experience described in the Employment Service plan.
- Placing the participant on the company's payroll and provide the same employment terms, conditions and benefits as for all regular employees.
For More Information
For more information, or to register as an eligible employer, contact TEC and ask to speak with a Job Developer.